Corecivic tallahatchie correctional facility | Organizational Behavior
CoreCivic Tallahatchie Correctional Facility name of organization
Each student will spend 8 hours doing volunteer work for a non-profit organization, and report on the organizational behavioral principles they observed, three recommendations for improvement, and applications of the Christian worldview. In a report you are expected to critically and thoroughly analyze and evaluate the situation, then make recommendations for an appropriate process and solutions.
The learner is expected to spend eight (8) hours at the not-for-profit organization performing volunteer service as well as learning about the organizational behavior aspects of the organization. The learner’s experience will culminate in a written report summarizing the learner’s experience as well as addressing several organizational behavior concepts encountered during the experience.
Contents of Final Paper: The final paper summarizing the service learning experience will be uploaded into Canvas and will contain the following elements:
- Identification of the agency or organization for which service was performed.
- Description of the purpose or mission of the agency or organization.
- Description of the work done by the learner.
- Description of the area or department of the organization observed by the learner.
- Organizational Behavior Concepts
In this section, the learner will address organizational behavior aspects of the organization. The learner will select two organizational behavior topics from those we study in this course and apply the concepts and principles of those two (2) topics to the organization. Suggested areas for observation and evaluation may include, but are not limited to:
- Systems theory as applied to the organization
- Organizational culture
- How the culture is being sustained or changed
- Socialization of members
- The role of personality
- Motivational theories
- Psychological contract
- Job design
- Use of evaluation, feedback and rewards
- Individual or organizational stress
- Group development
- Group behavior(s)
- Use of teams
- Management of conflict
- Power and politics
- Decision making
- Organizational structure
- Organizational leadership
- Organizational change
- Details: The following points should guide the learner in the completion of this project.
- The paper will contain 3,500 words of content. The cover sheet, abstract (not required but may be used), table of contents (if used), and references do not count toward the length of the paper.
- The paper, including citations, references, and general format will be APA compliant.
- In addition to the text and the Bible, the paper will contain at least five additional references, two of which must be from peer-reviewed sources. References should be from high-quality sources such as peer-reviewed sources, trade journals and business journals. While sources such as Wikipedia, e-How, blogs, or similar sites may occasionally be used, they will not count toward the minimum number of references.
- The learner will obtain a letter from an officer or manager in the organization verifying that at least 8 hours of service were performed for the organization. The letter will state where the service was performed and the nature of the service. The letter will also contain the name and contact information of the organization’s contact providing the letter. This letter will be submitted with the project. This letter does not count toward the page content of the paper.
- In addressing the organizational behavior topics chosen, it is recommended that the analysis include the following aspects (you don’t have to use them all, but these are good places to start):
- A description of the topic (a must)
- The theoretical foundation of the topic (a must)
- How the topic manifested itself in the organization (evidence)
- Effects of the topic on the organization
- Did the topic manifest itself as what you read suggested it would?
- Does that organizational behavior aspect propel or hinder the organization in achieving this mission?
- What alternatives are there to the situation(s) you saw?
- Was the organization using the Organizational Behavior principles effectively? What evidence is there of this?
- Do you have any recommendations for the organization based on what you have learned in Organizational Behavior and what you saw?
- The paper will contain a significant section integrating Christian worldview perspectives with the observations. In addition to evaluating the OB situation or practice from a theoretical viewpoint, the learners must also evaluate the situation from the point of view of the biblical foundations provided in this course. Learners must evaluate whether or not the principle as practiced by the organization is consistent with the biblical foundations (compare and contrast) and evaluate the potential change in effectiveness of the organization were the biblical foundations are to be employed. If the organization does purport to operate from a biblical point of view, the learners will evaluate the extent to which the organization appears to be consistent with the biblical foundation in its organizational behavior. At least 750 words of the final paper should be devoted to this aspect of the project.
- Specific Requirements: (3,500 words; At least 7 sources; APA-Compliant)