Discussion board on middle adulthood
Interview a middle-aged adult, using the following questions:
- Tell me about a high point in your life.
- Tell me about a low point in your life.
- Tell me about a turning point in your life.
- What are some important events that occurred in your childhood, adolescence, and adulthood?
In one paragraph summarize the responses from the interview.
In the second paragraph compare the responses to research in the text and discuss the following questions:
- Were life experiences generally positive or negative?
- Was there evidence of a commitment story? If so, describe.
- When did the turning point occur?
- Is this consistent with the midlife transition?
- Based on the answers, would you describe this person as generative? Why or why not?
The answer to each DB must be at least 250 words – that is the minimum required to fully answer the questions. Each answer must demonstrate critical thinking and writing at a college level. Good grammar and spelling are important. The answer must completely address all issues raised in the activity description and information from another source must be cited in APA format.
Above and beyond what was specified in the assignments. Is extraordinarily thorough and well-written. Include specific references and is thoughtful. Writing is clear and precise and has few grammatical/spelling errors. Demonstrates understanding of course content knowledge and application of course content within course framework using prior knowledge and >3 examples from course content and other resources when applicable. Includes critical thinking and synthesis. Connects course concepts with other concepts in the subject matter area. APA format with no more than 1 error.