How do people’s budget, income, and substitution effects fit in
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
George Foreman was a professional boxer who made a comeback by endorsing grills. Foreman does not own the company that makes the grills, but he became the face of the brand. At first, people were not certain whether he was an expert on grills or fat-free cooking, but Foreman soon became thought of as the expert on this product and this type of cooking. Think of the concept of utility and how Foreman’s role as a celebrity endorser affects the marginal utility of these grill products. Some individuals may use a Foreman grill to grill beef. Please review this video:
Gale: Biography in Context – Economist: Beef Prices Could Stay High (2 minutes)
Answer the following:
- How do people’s budget, income, and substitution effects fit in?
- How do you think this influences the demand curve for indoor grill products?
- Are these choices made rationally?
- Do you expect beef prices to increase next year? Why or why not?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?